AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Baby Boy

Yesterday we celebrated the arrival of Archie Robin Lange, and the number 1 pick in the 2028 AFL Draft.

So now you know what's been taking up my time.

If you read my post a few posts ago, I mentioned that you can win a FREE copy of the Aussie Rules Training Off Season Training Manual by simply leaving a comment.

I will run this for the entire month of January too so comment away!

Anyway its time for part 3 of my new training method I'm using at the moment that is providing me with nothing short of superb upper body muscle gains (I'm prioritising upper body).


Today we'll talk about your schedule from week to week.

Last post we discussed how to calculate your max training weight which is the highest weight you'll use for 1 cycle of the program for a given exercise and also the set progression.

I have also made a correction to the last post where for the upper body, your max training weight is 87.5% of your 3 rep max but for the lower body we use 80% of your 3 rep max. I missed this on my 1st cycle and it almost killed me.

One of the most, if not the most, important principles of this program is the accumulation of volume. As we're only increasing weight every 3 weeks then we need to do more volume with out current weight to maximise muscle gains.

So for week 1 we do what was outlines in my last post.

For week 2 you do the exact same progression from week 1 except that you'll add some more sets in your max training zone.

So after you've performed the 5 max training zone sets, then you simply stay with the progression for an extra 3 sets like this:

Set 1 - 32.5kgs x 3 reps
Set 2 - 37.5kgs x 3 reps
Set 3 - 45kgs x 3 reps
Set 4 - 52.5kgs x 3 reps
Set 5 - 60kgs x 3 reps
Set 6 - 65kgs x 3 reps
Set 7 - 60kgs x 3 reps
Set 8 - 62.5kgs x 3 reps
Set 9 - 65kgs x 3 reps
Set 10 - 60kgs x 3 reps

Now add on these:

Set 11 - 62.5kgs x 3 reps
Set 12 - 65kgs x 3 reps
Set 13 - 60kgs x 3 reps

Now week 3 is exactly the same as week 2 but again we add 3 more sets in the max training zone the same way as we did in week 2:

Set 14 - 62.5kgs x 3 reps
Set 15 - 65kgs x 3 reps
Set 16 - 60kgs x 3 reps

You can now see why we don't want to increase the weight during this program as you end up doing 6 more sets in your max training zone from week 1 to week 3.

Try this out for the next 2 weeks and let me know how you go with it.

1 comment:

  1. You may have welcomed your son, but Twiggers isnt due for a few months yet - hence 2028 No1 Draft Pick isnt born yet! :p

    ReplyDelete