AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Thursday, November 3, 2011

1 Month Down, 4 To Go - Week 4 Recap

So we just finished week 4 tonight (I'm going away tomorrow so we wrapped it up tonight instead of Friday) and we had an up and down week.

Lachy couldn't handle the grog and got sick from a big Derby Day here in Melbourne and Nick couldn't gather the courage to swear loudly at his boss when he told he was staying back late Monday night so it was Bluey and I for Monday / Tuesday and then we all made it for the Thursday.

So for the last week we have a deload week where we drop the weight and volume for the max effort lifts and decrease the volume while maintaining intensity for the assistance exercises.

Bluey only start a couple of weeks ago and hadn't down a lower body session yet so he did a regular week with no deloading and I went silly and maxed out on the Trap Bar Deadlifts. The highlights this week were:
  • Bluey blew the Stand Long Jump record out of the water with his first jump, making a 260cm effort!!
  • Bluey also set a 3 rep max of 95kgs with a few reps left in the tank on his very first go at them
  • I blew up 150kgs on the Trap Bar Deadlifts which was a great effort from my hands/grip. My hands are not only tiny, tiny, tiny but there is also no ligaments, tendons and nerves in the right hand so my grip holding up (which doesn't for 150kg traditional deadlifts) is a big win for me.
  • I also tried some chains work for my dynamic effort bench press as suggested in this article:




We also managed to load the prowler up with even more weight then last, although my carpet doesn't like as you can see here:



I'll make some small changes to my original program for month 2 and we'll hit it hard starting next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment