AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Friday, September 7, 2012

My Off Season Starts Monday

The title says it all really.

After sitting on this program since July and getting it all organised via a lot of help from co author Ben Peterson, I'm ready to go.

I posted about the program I'm doing earlier in the year here and I can't wait to see how it goes.

For the last month I have been getting back into squats after not doing even 1 rep of a squat since a Smolov cycle I did just over a year ago. Over 2 to 3 weeks I worked up in weight and tested at 125kgs x 1 rep.

Today I did some performance testing with the following results:




I was also anticipating doing a 20 and 40m sprint but the weather was shitty today so I might just leave that out because if my 10m time improves then so will my 20 and 40m time.

So my question to you is how is your off season training going to make you better in 2013?

2 comments:

  1. Loving Your Blog so far, stumbled across it not long ago and i have to say for me starting up footy again after almost 3 years this has been a wealth of information that makes so much sense when applied to aussie rules. I've just started my off season as well and have been attempting to incorporate as much of your speed training tips as i can, being able to run longer recover quicker and cover distance quicker has always been my strength so improving on this is my main focus.
    Keep the posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff mate, let me know any questions you have

    ReplyDelete