AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

IN-PERSON WOMEN'S FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON TRAINING PROGRAM


Just in case you don't know me, let me quickly introduce myself.

I am a Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCA) and I have ran this little blog http://aussierulestraining.blogspot.com.au/ since 2009 but in the last 10 months or so I've made the push into Women's Football for a few reasons.

1 - Efficient and results driven training is scarce in all local/amateur footy, but women have some extremely specific needs.

2 - In my 10+ years of experience in personal training I have found that women can be far more responsive to learning and following guidelines.

3 - With the mammoth boost in women's football tams there is simply not enough resources to cope right now, and even though participation rates are excellent, being able to provide for these players is severely lacking.

In 2017 I ran some in-person and online speed training programs for female footballers that resulted in some excellent speed results for just 8 training sessions over 4 weeks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Rg1LDaT_8

As mentioned above I am a personal trainer by trade working out of a studio in South Yarra, and I also have an excellent garage set up at my home in Newport in the western suburbs.

Starting in September I will running a full AFL Training program for potentially 10 female footballers - 5 each from the South Yarra and Western Suburb area's.

The ideal candidates to fill these spots will be female footballers 100% dedicated to their footy, wanting to hit levels of football conditioning never thought possible and can attend 3 - 5 sessions per week in their respective area's.

Training and experience is 100% necessary but their commitment and compliance is.

The initial program will run from Sep to Xmas but I will also be looking to continue it right up until round 1, and possibly through the in-season as well.

I can only take 3 - 5 females from each area so I can personalise the programming as much to the individual as I can.

There will be a weekly cost for the entirety of this program.

The training sessions will be a mix of gym and track days, with the program focusing on aerobic capacity development, acceleration/max velocity sprinting speed, max strength and ACL injury prevention training and hopefully some skill work if time permits.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could pass this onto your playing group for me.

Alternatively you might want to nominate players/s who look to fit the criteria above, as a suggestion coming from the coach shows that you are there for the team, and the players as individuals.

If you have any questions then please let me know and I look forward to hearing back from you and/or your players very soon.

p.s. I also made a Women's Football Private Facebook Group earlier this year that you can join and share idea's with other like minded players, coaches and admin staff in women's football that you can find here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1914754958745368/

Email me at aussierulestraining@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment