AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Monday, February 19, 2018

1 LINE TRAINING GEMS - TIME TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX PART 3


Below is the 3rd installment of the blog series called "1 Line Training Gems" which are quotes I've gathered from the notes from all 85 of the podcasts on Joel Smith's Just Fly Sports website.

I'm a reader not a podcaster so I'll probably never get around to listening to them but I also reading stuff and letting myself self organise it all and see what I can make of it and if I need further clarification, then I might give it a listen (I have listened to 2 of them I needed to do that for).

Again I'm just going to leave the various 1 liners here and allow you to interpret it as you see fit, feeling free to start a discussion on it over on the Facebook page if you like and I can clarify each quote so just let me know if you'd like me to expand on it more.

Joe De Mayo - find the minimal stimulus required to elicit adaptation and once they can handle the stress and adaptation has actually occurred, increase it slightly

Joe De Mayo - if you build your training properly then you should be able to keep progressing for a very long time (even competition) and when you have a break there should be minimal loss

Andy Eggerth - a heavy lactate session on Monday can kill skill development on Tuesday and/or Wednesday

Quinn Henoch - being flexible is of no advantage if you're not strong enough to stabilise yourself in those extra ranges of motion

Quinn Henoch - having more flexibility then you need to perform a given task isn't anymore productive then having just enough

Dr Ken Clarke - use the compete-technique-compete model where you watch your players in competition then work on the techniques they used during play through some closed drills and then compete again with a slightly progressed drill from compete 1


Dr Bryant Mann - on 1 hand just monitor the big rocks in your training to keep it simple but on the other hand, monitor everything to make sure you're not using more resources then you should be
Dr Bryant Mann - those who receive immediate feedback (sprint times, jump heights etc) get greater results then those who don't

No comments:

Post a Comment