AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Monday, February 5, 2018

1 LINE TRAINING GEMS - TIME TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX PART 2


Last week I started a series I'll be rolling with called "1 Line Training Gems" which are quotes I've gathered from the notes from all 85 of the podcasts on Joel Smith's Just Fly Sports website.

I'm a reader not a podcaster so I'll probably never get around to listening to them but I also reading stuff and letting myself self organise it all and see what I can make of it and if I need further clarification, then I might give it a listen (I have listened to 2 of them I needed to do that for).

This might be the best way to learn in fact.

Again I'm just going to leave the various 1 liners here and allow you to interpret it as you see fit, feeling free to start a discussion on it over on the Facebook page if you like and I can clarify each quote so just let me know if you'd like me to expand on it more.

Boo Scheznayder - by backing up a speed session with a heavy weights session the day after, you are able to go a bit deeper and hit the high threshold motor units that might have hid away the day before that the body now has to use as the one;s used yesterday haven't fully recovered yet

Boo Scheznayder - everything you do has a potentiation effect so try to use those potentiation elements lading up to the main focus of the day resulting in a higher output and thus greater improvement, with speed being the greatest potentiator there is

Boo Scheznayder - a lot of training programs don't hit that critical mass point where athletes can hit new peaks as the training peaks aren't high enough to warrant further adaptation or the peaks aren't low enough for athletes to recover enough to reach them

Henk Kraaijenhop - sprinters aren't lazy, they just use up their fuel very quickly

Curtis Taylor - the slower you run the more your technique is compromised and the more you run with bad technique, the more energy you use up

Mike T Nelson - the amino acid carnosine at a high enough level is what starts buffering hydrogen ions (i.e fatigue)

Mike T Nelson - athletes arr addicted to the sensation of fatigue and they'll continue to go the fatigue seeking route rather then the performance enhancing route

Bret Contreras - the fastest athletes are those that can activate their hamstrings the most just before ground contact

Let me know your thoughts on these over at the Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment