AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

PLAYER/COACHING IDEA'S PART 1



Late last year I read the book released by Paul Roos titled "Here It Is."

It followed his tenure with the mighty Sydney Swans, including his 20 Points of Success and ended with his tenure rebuilding the Melbourne Football Club.

Definitely well worth the read.

From that book and my potential foray into coaching that didn't eventuate as I can't commit to training 2 nights per week, I started jotting down various idea's of my own, from the book as well as idea's of my own from idea's from the book - I think I typed that correctly!

Some of them I've touched on in my Pre-Season series and to be honest I thought I already did a post on the Paul Roos book but I can't find it so I must not have so here we go.

#1 - When players do something good, other players HAVE to get to them whether it's 1 or 21

#2 - Every player has the same amount of responsibility once they're on the ground, there's no hierarchy once the siren goes.

#3 - If you're closest to the ball then you have to simply win the ball or make the tackle, because everyone should be waiting out to receive the ball or stop an opposition attack but if you do not do either of those 2 things, then everything else breaks down.

#4 - Develop a relationship with every player regardless if you;re a player or a coach

#5 - Ask players how they think the team is perceived and then how they want to be perceived

#6 - Have the group choose 3 values that they want to live by and give it a name (Bloods Culture) 

#7 - Don't base your team solely on talent as you can't control talent like you can pressure (Richmond)

#8 - Develop specific roles for each player and some might have dual roles depending on their skill set

#9 - Put players in position to do what they do best as often a they can

#10 - Have 3 - 5 team rules for each line (forward, back, midfield) and address them each break plus rate them during the game if possible, but at least half time and full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment