AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Thursday, October 4, 2018

FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF PRE-SEASON 2019 (PROGRAM AND VIDS)

3 days after my last game, a Grand Final win in the over 35's no less, I started up training for the 2019 season.

To be honest I don't really stop training but I do cycle through various phases at different times of the year because no one can train at 100% all year round.

Up until today I've completed 2 general prep phases to essentially "train me to be able to train".

The first phase was a tempo runs to keep the signal of fast leg turnover in my nervous system but not so fast that my CNS needed to be activated at anything more than a moderate level coupled with a purely isometrics program for the upper body.

The second phase was again the same tempo runs but the upper body gym program moved to a 1 x 20 program for 15 - 18 exercises.

The tempo runs performed at the athletics track as always was simply sprint the straights @ 65 - 80% and then walk the bends x 4 - 6 reps.

During the walk rest I also performed an easy hip lock exercise.

In the end I trained 18/21 days with 2 days post 40th birthday/Grand Final bonanza this past weekend (it was bloody tough trying to train off the back of that!)

So today marked the first day of phase which as normal is Triphasic Training, which I've written about countless times before.

Last year I did the potentiation clusters variation of Triphasic Training, programmed within a French Contrast Complex and I'm rolling with it again this year.

A French Contrast Complex is simply a max effort exercises followed by a bodyweight ballistic exercise followed by a weighted ballistic exercises followed by an overspeed exercise.

Here's what it looked like on the board:


My board writing isn't super so here are the details.

- Be Activated Warm Up (nervous system reset for improved movement efficiency)

- Seated Straight Leg Dorsi Flexion x 30secs (ankle and toe dorsi flexion isometric)


- Seated Ankle Circles x 10 (each way circling over the big toe essentially)

- Posterior Tibialis x 12 reps (this small muscle locks down the foot enabling it to talk to the core and the way you set up this exercise also allows you to train the foot through spiralling)

- Step Down Hip Lock x 8 reps (the more I read about it the more I think that this position is THE most important for running efficiency)


- 1 Boom x 8 reps (trains to exert great force into the ground as well as some mechanics)


- Forward Ankle Jumps x 20 (foot stiffness = speed)

Triphasic Training Potentiation Cluster (performed with in a French Contrast)

- Performance Squat x 1 rep with a 6sec eccentric (max effort exercise)


20secs rest

- 3 Step Acceleration (bodyweight ballistic exercise)


20secs rest

- Medicine Ball Projection 3 Step Acceleration (weighted ballistic exercise)


20secs rest

- Band Assisted Jump Squat (overspeed exercise)


All up this took me about 40 - 45mins and wasn't too hard...yet...those max effort squat loads go up pretty quickly.

I've written about many new concepts here so let me know any questions you have on this and how you can use this type of training to enhance your performance for 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment