AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Saturday, October 24, 2020

HOW TO NOT DEFEND DUSTY MARTIN - GRAND FINAL VISION

Dusty finished the Cats last night and wrapped up the Norm Smith with his 3rd goal last night with about 8 minutes to go to put them up by 22 points - but she he even had been able to do so in the first place?

As mentioned in ym last post, during the AFL coaching course I;m doing right now we talked a lot about how to play Dusty if you were Geelong and watching all the footy shows last week it was clear - clamp down on him!

Easier said then done in some cases I know but in this case it baffles the mind as to how it wasn't done and I in my family group message where my brother and sister are both Richmond supporters, I sent this as soon as it happened:



Later I set this in the group message:



And then of course the vision:



As a defender you have to guard the most dangerous player or space, in this case it was the player who's only at the time is only a 2 time premiership and Norm Smith medallist so I'm not sure if the roll back defense and to guard nothing but grass was the best option so it would be interesting to get an answer as to why Blicavs defended the way he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment