AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

OFF SEASON PHASE 1 - GENERAL PHYSICAL PREPAREDNESS

My competitive season finished in an elimination final defeat late August, but was asked by the senior coach to continue training with the senior squad (and continued with my regular training), who in the end went on to Grand Final victory.

I moved house before and after that weekend so I had about a week off of all training and started with my 2020 training in mid September.

My leagues season started and thus finished a bit earlier then usual so starting this early means I have plenty of time up my sleeve so as stated I could take a week off and still use a slow build for the first month or so, as I'm now 41 and can't see a time machine in my future meaning I can't go balls to the wall all the time anymore.

So with all that in mind I'm focusing on just 6 exercises pretty much daily for 4 weeks or so.

Standing Single Leg Isometric x 60secs - foot/lower limb stability, stance leg glute activation.


Hyperarch Jumps x 3mins (work up to) - intrinsic foot muscles, increase fascial dominance.


Hang Clean 3 x 3 waving load through the week but hitting 2 "heavy" days every 5 - 7 days or so.



Tempo 400m Run - every 2nd day I'll head down to the track, do a 400 at an RPE of 6 - 8 and go home aiming to build my capacity over this distance rather then try and beat my best time every run - it's working so far as my 7/10 RPE time has dropped over 30secs already.

Iso Lunge x 3mins (work up to) - personally I need to learn to load my right knee in terminal knee flexion which I haven't really been able to through a good range of motion since I did my knee 4 years back and has hindered anything movement where I need to go vertical pretty much.


Forward Shin Isometric x 90secs (work up to) - again a person a need for me to regain verticality, which was a strong point of mine pre-knee injury (once dunked a volleyball on a full 10ft rim at 5'6").


When all exercises are done in a row (not often), it'll take about 30 - 40mins tops which looks like nothing but the micro-dosage/high frequency takes care of the volume as again I'm training every day and I have a week of this program to go before phase 2 gets a run which will be pretty similar I imagine.

Site revamp is taking forever (Wordpress changed their entire platform since I last looked rendering me useless) but I'm trying to get my brother to get it up and going for me (nightmare as well).

If you've got any questions on what you should/could be doing right now for season 2020 than let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment