AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES

Over at my Instagram page I posted some game footage from the weekend of 2 blunders I made during my game, both resulted in goals for the opposition.

I'm actually enjoying going back and looking at the game footage from my games because in the heat of the moment you see 1 thing from that angle, but the footage can show many other things from a completely different angle.

Putting both of these together means there is more data going into your brain which can assist in decision making down the track when a similar situation arises.

Here is the post with the videos:



The first video a blatant skill error where you can clearly see my square up kick lands about a meter and a half behind the intended player (Fingers in the orange boots.)

Tactically it was 1 of the 2 things we want to do so I passed there.

Technically I kicked the ball in the right fashion (low and hard).

Psychologically I trust my kicking (maybe too much?) and it is a kick I can make, I just didn't on this occasion.

It won't stop me doing it again that's for sure.

The second vid is of their center half back who was pushing up at all times who puts a little fake-a-roo on me and bombs one from 60, just in from where he popped a goal minutes earlier.

I reckon I played this right though.

I manned the mark hard, moved with him laterally to at least make him kick over all 168cms of me but I obviously can't see what he's thinking.

5mins later he tried to do it again to another player of ours who did know what he was thinking and he caught him holding the ball! 

Celebrate your wins and learn from your losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment