AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

CELEBRATE YOUR WINS

Yesterday I posted my mistakes from Saturday's game so today I've got to post some of the good things I managed to do as well.

Again I've posted the videos on Instagram so here's the first one:


In the first one the ball came in deep to our forward line where Jack went for the mark so all I had to do was just be at his feet somewhere.

The ball fell to just behind me but on my left (kicking side) and after a blind turn (got that from a player I used to play juniors with and I bring it out from time to time) that actually gave me the space to get the kick around the corner to Ed for a shot on goal.

If I wasn't at the feet of the contest I'd have never been in this position in the first place so nailing my positioning was the key here.

In the second one I followed a few rules every small forward should abide by because big forwards are dictated by what happens up the ground from the midfielders and co and the small forwards are dictated by the big forwards so it's important that you can make your own plays and find your own space or it'll be a very long day.

Anyway you can see I'm sitting under the ball engaging my opponent to at least get the ball to the ground when Fingers comes over the top.

The ball spills out and noticing that Fingers is already on the follow up I wait out on purpose so as not to crowd the contest with another 2 players (me and my opponent).

Fingers does follow up and kicks long to the goal square and you can see me turn and head back to goal.

Fortunately the opposition didn't just punch it through for a behind and he hits the ball straight to me and it's an easy snap on goal.

What I did and what all small forwards should try do as much as they can is to get to as many contests as you can (2 for me in this case), stay on the move and follow the ball in at all times.

You give yourself half a chance to get some easy (not cheapo) goals and get yourself into the game.

On top of that as soon as you kick a goal, your defender has to man you and it's one less extra defender your big forwards have to contend with.

No comments:

Post a Comment