AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Thursday, May 30, 2019

WHAT MY SPEED SESSIONS LOOK LIKE

Tuesday nights Archie has Karate so I can't attend my team training sessions so I'll head to the local footy oval or athletics and do sprint session like an actual sprinter would do.

None of this incomplete rest BS, actual training with the focus on getting high QUALITY work which is the ONLY way that you can get faster.

Here's the exact session I did earlier this week.

#1 - GLUTE CIRCUIT


I did 14 reps of each exercise for each leg for 1 round.

#2 - WARM UP

I did some impulse and switch work doing alternate split stance ankle jumps x 25m, 1 switch x 5 each leg, squatty run x 25m, 2 switch x 4 each leg, squatty run into sprint x 25m, 3 switch x 3 each leg




View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Troy Lange (@aussierulestraining) on

#3 - SPRINTS

I did 3 x 25m sprints w/ about 4mins rest in between them.

I would usually do 4 - 5 sprint sets but I've had this nagging cough for 2 weeks now so I gotta take it easy until that's gone.

And that's it.

I mean sprint sessions are the easiest sessions you'll ever do but they have the greatest return as well - if you do them properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment