AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Monday, May 20, 2019

RAINING GOALS

I came down with a pretty nasty head/chest cold last Monday night/Tuesday morning which was almost gone come Thursday last week so I took team training off last night so I wouldn't have to train in the chill and flare it up again.

Instead I grabbed Archie from school and we headed off to Williamstown Football Club to get some training in before Saturday's game.

Although it's an AFL-esque deck, it's greatest attribute is the net behind the goals meaning you don't have to chase your own footy for most of the time you're there.

I set up some shots that I wanted to take and off we went.

All up I got about 30 - 40 shots up using different kicks from different angles.

I used a variety of stationary and "in-play" type shots on goal to cover the spectrum of shots on goals I usually have during games.

In the end it was all for naught as I didn't even get a shot on goal on Saturday!

Another bloke was a bit sore so he played deep and I moved up to a half forward role which on an odd shaped ground like ours, is closer to a wing in the area you occupy.

We got the win and that's what counts though so here's some Instagram vids of that training session from last week complete with commentary from Archie in the background.



Give my IG  a follow while you're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment