AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Sunday, May 5, 2019

GOAL OF THE DAY VIDEO

My game from the weekend somehow garnered Game of the Round status for the entire league (even though we're div 4) meaning we had the SFNL broadcast team and their famous trailer front and center for a live stream and commentary.

I had done next to nothing really up until around this point and even though the video doesn't even show me visually, vocally I'm right there:


Here's how it went down.

We had a ball up on out half forward line about 50m out just about even with the corner of the center square right in front of the broadcast caravan and I've set up 45 degrees off the contest about 15 - 20m away to pretty much just get out of the space that is a direct line to our goal on a 45 degree angle so I can turn and follow the ball in as well as keep an eye on the contest so my left (kicking) foot is on the outside of my body.

Our ruckman/ruck rover/full forward/center half back/wingman Mundi flat hands it down on our defensive side to where Horse (#16) is positioned.

I see the ball drop to the ground and Horse and move laterally to meet it.

At this point there is somehow a direct line between Horse and myself with no one in between.

So Mundi has flat handed the ball to an almost straifght down drop to the ground and Horse on pure instinct and throws his foot at the ball and literally drop kicks with a pure flush straight to me.

It was an absolute cannon and again on instinct I just jumped, put the arms up and grabbed it out of the air which I assume looked a little like this:


Not really knowing if it was going to be called a mark or not because I wasn't sure of the distance it carried, like a good goalsneak's I snapped the bejezus out of it as soon as I hit the ground - off 1 step.

The breeze was blowing from the side the camera is situated across the ground and towards our far point post pretty much which got hold of my snap kick that was already bending very well (admittedly I'm not generally a very good snapper, banana bender or torpa), and gave it an extra bend.

I'd also made sweet contact with the ball and sailed through 3/4 post height.

From various positions on the ground I assume it looked like this:


You'll just have to take my word for it but the commentators more than back me up with their most lovely comments in the time the ball takes to get back to the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment