AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Sunday, February 2, 2020

KOBE BRYANT MAMBA MENTALITY WEEK


As you are all probably aware of, NBA great Kobe Bryant died last week in a horrible helicopter crash with 8 others, including his daughter Gianna, and I've been watching and reading stuff on him literally all week.

I purchased his Mamba Mentality book and read in 2hrs while taking notes from it (as I do).

I also took a heap of notes from the articles I read and videos I watched during the week which will form this week's (free) content and even though he was a basketballer, the lessons and processes you'll read about can literally be applied to anything and how you take the information and use it is up to you.

Early last week I made a post on my personal Facebook page about Kobe which will kick this all off.

"...I'm a fitness geek turned coaching geek and one of the biggest losses from this Kobe saga is the 2nd phase of his life that we were starting to see.

In a world full of distractions, his Mamba Mentality will go along way to teaching youth and people all over about single minded focus.

In a world where we are losing the ability to control a lot of what happens to us, often through no fault of our own, the mentality to control what you can is probably more important now then ever.

A huge advocate of women's sport on the back of having 4 daughters, having someone that respected in all facets of life backing the hell of it changes the minds of the idiot's against it all on his own, giving them a chance to appreciate women's sport all on it's own down the track.

The stories doing the rounds are as much about him as a person as they are about his basketball prowess - the ultimate praise for an athlete.

His book Mamba Mentality has been on my to-get list for a while and I'll be getting it shortly to further my own expertise in the player preparation/coaching space and even though I'm not, and will never be a Kobe Bryant, success leaves clues.

Mamba Mentality doesn't have to be just about basketball or any other sport, it can be about anything in life.

It's about a single minded focus on a singular goal, taking each step and mastering it before moving forward.

It could be as simple as doing a boring chore everyday, but one that will make your life better.

It might be to be as big as gunning for something huge that you've never tried or come close to doing in your life.

I'm 41 and still playing footy and have yet to win a senior grade premiership so I'll be taking that mentality into this year to try again, leaving no stone unturned.

I'll piss off some teammates in the process but that's another part of it, dragging others along with you who can't drag themselves...yet.

I also want to get more work in the footy coaching space in the private sector and/or a school so again, I'll take all the necessary steps required to do so, putting myself in the best position to succeed as soon as I can..."

No comments:

Post a Comment